Skin Template

Post your in-game texture packs/skins here.

Skin Template

Postby Amstrad » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:50 pm

I've gone ahead and put together a template for the character skin. If you've done any skins for other games like Minecraft this should look somewhat familiar. Keep in mind that some of the texture areas get flipped when applied in game, for the most part I've accounted for this by flipping the appropriate text on the template.

If anyone has any questions about skinning the character or using this template feel free to post them here and I'll do my best to give you a hand.
Attachments
skintemplate.png
skintemplate.png (1.27 KiB) Viewed 9485 times
Amstrad

Re: Skin Template

Postby darkhog » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:08 pm

Can you make it so text won't be mirrored/rotated? It's kinda hard to read such text.
darkhog

Postby MrBenjammin » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:15 pm

This is really cool. I was going to do this but I had some things prioritized over it. Thanks a lot. I'll sticky it!
Developer of Sky Nations
@MrBenjammmin
MrBenjammin
Site Admin

Postby Amstrad » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:54 pm

darkhog wrote:Can you make it so text won't be mirrored/rotated? It's kinda hard to read such text.

As I noted in the OP, the reason that text is mirrored is because whatever you stick on there will be mirrored in that direction. It seems strange on the template, but once you apply it to the character it makes sense.

MrBenjammin wrote:This is really cool. I was going to do this but I had some things prioritized over it. Thanks a lot. I'll sticky it!

I mostly did this because I wanted to make a custom skin for myself and it wasn't 100% clear on the default skin what mapped to where, so I needed to figure this out anyway. Sharing my results just made sense.
Amstrad

Postby darkhog » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:26 pm

Amstrad wrote:
darkhog wrote:Can you make it so text won't be mirrored/rotated? It's kinda hard to read such text.

As I noted in the OP, the reason that text is mirrored is because whatever you stick on there will be mirrored in that direction. It seems strange on the template, but once you apply it to the character it makes sense.

Then put normal text and some kind of arrow. Geez...
darkhog

Postby Quirky » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:52 pm

Thanks for that now I'm just trying to work out why its giving me an Invalid File when ever I try to upload it :(
Quirky

Postby KwIjL » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:04 am

Looks like the attachments in the forum are all broken? :(
[ Rookie Sky Pirate ] [ Proud member of the Indie Army Nation ] [ @spitfire_gaming ] [ twitch.tv/kwijl ]
KwIjL

Return to Texture Packs/Skins