Skin Editor to try out

Post your in-game texture packs/skins here.

Skin Editor to try out

Postby corno » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:52 pm

I made a skin editor for skynations

some textures might be horizontally flipped, like insides of arms. if you find any flipped textures, inform me so i can fix it

to save a skin, activate the typing box on down-left corner, type in filename without .png and press the green S. if the name clears the save was successful. all the skins will be in data/graphics folder. it will overwrite .png files without asking so be careful

also, you can only load .png files from the data/graphics folder. just select the desired file with up/down arrow keys on down-left corner

ctrl+left click and ctrl+right click is a dropper tool, so you can easily take the color from the texture

readme.txt should tell all of these features and maybe more

file should be clean
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/841d ... /analysis/

for windows:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p1k6rvs9jj04c80/sn_skin.zip
Attachments
sn_skin.png
screen cap of the editor
sn_skin.png (24.39 KiB) Viewed 11097 times
corno

Re: Skin Editor to try out

Postby Micromil » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:35 am

Thanks for this super useful to see how the edits to the skin show up on the model - takes the guess work out of it.

A question about the color box... how do you use it properly, I assume it is for the RGB codes, but I didn't seem to get it to work.

A request if I can....
It would be great if there was a color matching tool, like the eyedropper in most of paint type programs.
Would make it easier to get the right colour, especially if modifying a skin that you don't know the correct color code for.

Otherwise great work, did my first modified skin in minutes. Great.
Micromil

Postby corno » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:02 pm

the colorbox is for "internet" colors like #000000 being black, #ffffff being white. you can use those, with our without the #. basically it is hexadecimal format, from 00 to FF per color, red green blue.

the editor actually has a color dropper tool, not explicit one, just ctrl+left click to set the left color, or ctrl+right click to set the right color. that info should be on readme.txt

thanks for the constructive input. if other ideas/fixes pop up i'll see what i can do
corno

Postby Lemon » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:28 pm

This is a great skin editor! I only have one problem.

When I loaded it up, the buttons on the bottom were not visible. I was still able to make my skin, but I'm not able to save it.

Would you happen to have a solution?
Lemon

Postby corno » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:34 pm

lemon, which version of windows you're using?

that is really weird bug save button init/rendering is along with other buttons, nothing special with it. and of course logic is not tied to the graphics side of things. so i have no clue what could be wrong. have you tried to type in a name in the save field, where save field is supposed to be? (remember to click it to activate it). you should... "should" see text if you type in a name and then try to hit the save button, if its invisible. if that works then the .png is effed up, or your computer is effed up, or windows is effed up. if you cannot write the file name on to the invisible field and click the invisible button then the actual hitbox is somewhere where it shouldnt be. which would be even more weird

for solution i could bind save to ctrl+s or something if nothing else works. or make you a debug version so we can see whats going on under the hood, if its hitbox or rendering issue, or even file loading issue.
corno

Postby Lemon » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:25 pm

I can click on the text bar where you enter the name of your skin, but when I type, it doesn't show any characters. I'm currently using Windows 7.
Lemon

Postby corno » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:16 pm

can you show a screenshot of the editor to see exactly whats going on? PM it if you dont wanna show it here. if you haven't deleted any .png or font files from the data folder i can only say that font rendering in sfml is bit wonky at best.
corno

Postby Micromil » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:29 pm

Thanks for the tips.
Off to edit more.
Micromil

Postby MidnightWolfie » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:29 am

Amazing editor. Very easy to use and gets the job done quickly!
Once again, amazing work! Thank you :)
I've already made two skins, hehe.

P.S. I am using 64bit Windows 8.1, so there should be no problem with that system :)
MidnightWolfie

This is the best ever!

Postby Ghosthamburger » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:52 am

This is a necessary tool! So useful!
Thanks so much.
Ghosthamburger

Next

Return to Texture Packs/Skins