JagerWulf's SN Realism V003A skin pack

Post your in-game texture packs/skins here.

JagerWulf's SN Realism V003A skin pack

Postby JagerWulf » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:50 pm

Hi again, ok so I went and changed a lot of the textures to keep it in line with the Vanilla textures a bit more, added a few emissive textures in to make something glow a bit better, trying out a new color scheme on the equipment blocks,( radar and crates etc..) trying to get them to look a bit more military by changing the colors to a more olive drab scheme, I not quite happy with it yet, but it will do till next update, so tell me what you think, feedback really helps.

Again, read the README.txt for how to install, don't forget to backup your files first.

Also use Winrar to unzip the files.

Please leave feedback, it really helps.

any questions feel free to ask.

Hav fun!

If the game starts crashing after installing, just go into the Sky nation/gamedata folder and change the skin name in the settings.xml to the new [i]Realism V003 name from vanilla skin name, don't forget to save it, if the problem persist report back here and i will endeavor to help you.[/i]
Attachments
Blocks.jpg
Blocks.jpg (165.61 KiB) Viewed 9777 times
control blocks.jpg
control blocks.jpg (490.53 KiB) Viewed 9777 times
JagerWulf's SN Realism skin pack.rar
(1.99 MiB) Downloaded 639 times
Last edited by JagerWulf on Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:03 am, edited 8 times in total.
A member of the MISFITZ gaming Group of South Australia
JagerWulf

Re: JagerWulf's SN Realism skin pack

Postby MrBenjammin » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:49 am

Sweet, I tried it. Though not the tiles.xml since it was updated in 0.112. It's really neat to see my game in a different art style!
Developer of Sky Nations
@MrBenjammmin
MrBenjammin
Site Admin

Postby JagerWulf » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:54 am

MrBenjammin wrote:Sweet, I tried it. Though not the tiles.xml since it was updated in 0.112. It's really neat to see my game in a different art style!

Thanks, I still have a bit to do and by the looks of the new Tiles.xml a few new ones as well, :D

Now you can try it with the Tile file, enjoy!

Cheers!
JagerWulf

Postby JagerWulf » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:10 am

Hi I have a few questions and requests about some of the block textures;

- The Cannon/s in the tiles.xml file you have 4x cannons listed one for each direction, can you please label which one is which, eg; front, left, right, back etc... I want to detail the cannon up a bit but it's very confusing which side is which.

- I would like to change the little cube inside the energy well, but I can't find it in the file, where can I change this or what is it called?

- I would like to edit the texture for the steering wheel, but I can't find it in the file, where can I change this or what is it called?

thanks again,
Cheers
JagerWulf

Postby MrBenjammin » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:18 pm

For the moment you can work out which cannon block is facing which way by where the front cannon texture is used. Currently the cube in the energy well is an entity so its texture is not accessible. I will put it on my list to make it retexturable from the skins folder. The steering wheel is the same situation at the moment.
Developer of Sky Nations
@MrBenjammmin
MrBenjammin
Site Admin

Postby JagerWulf » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:46 pm

No prob's I'll stick to figuring out the cannon textures and I got the server commands working so i'll look at doing the radar and machine gun which by the way are awesome models.
Cheers again!
JagerWulf

Return to Texture Packs/Skins