[EU 24/7] HomeWorld

Post your servers here.

[EU 24/7] HomeWorld

Postby Molotov » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:11 am

Hi everyone, we are proud to present you HomeWorld.

The basic idea behind HomeWorld is to offer players a gameplay focused Sky Nations server. Here we will try to explain the main concepts and features of the gameplay, for further informations and to keep you up to date visit our website http://skynationshomeworld.wix.com/home (if you experience any problems using Chrome try with another browser).

The server runs on a dedicated machine and our goal is to keep it up 24/7 (if it goes down it is because we are performing maintenance or updating the server) and we are doing everything that is possible to prevent any loss of data reguarding players informations, ships or the world itself.

[Open World]
The open world gameplay has not been altered except when you get killed your items are dropped where you have died. The world has its currency as well and it is called Cap, you can view how many Caps you have using the command < /balance >. When you start the game the first time you are given a mallet, 0 Caps and a 'Get A Free Laser Coupon' you can redeem by the shipyard. Every time you die you loose all your items and equipment but not your mallet or your Caps. One more thing you should take into account while sailing around is that your ship will start to fall apart if you are flying too low.

[Ships]
The ships dynamic has been changed a little: we have introduced the concept that the energy well is not only the component that holds everything around it but also it is what keeps your ship from sinking!

[Settlements]
Settlements are islands where you can find shelter as well as NPCs who can offer you services like trading or selling/renting spaces or buildings. Most of the NPCs do not perform their job during the night so if you want to trade for example you have to do it during the daytime.

[Economy]
HomeWorld implements a dynamic economy system. In the first place for every resource in the world is calculated(and kept up to date) a nominal price based on paramenters like the resource scarcity, dispersion and so on. Then all the prices are adjusted depending on how and how much a resource is traded during the day. By night the merchants trade among each other, craft new items and review all the transactions they had in order to make decisions like lowering the price or increasing the stock of a resource.

[NPCs Interactions]
The interaction system is not hard at all to master. The basic command for all interactions is < /ask > followed by some arguments and all the dialogs take place in the local chat channel. Any NPC will answer to < /ask info > telling you what he does and which commands are available with him.
For example if you want to interact with a merchant you can < /ask info > to see what items he trades, or you can < /ask about Planks > (if he trade planks) to see at what price he sells or buys planks, or you can < /ask buy 1 Plank > or < /ask sell 25 Planks > tu buy or sell planks. Just for you to know it doesn't matter if you write plank, Plank, planks, Planks or PlAnK as they all will be parsed correctly. If you have any doubt you can always use < /help > to view the command reference.

[NPCs/The Guide]
Commands:
< /ask info > : Shows you a list of the available topics.
< /ask about [Topic] > : Shows you what the guide knows about a topic.

[NPCs/Merchants] >> Now Merchants trade any item the others specialized merchant don't trade! Now parts merchants trade Mounted Repeaters! <<
< /ask info > : Shows you the list of the items he trades
< /ask about [Item Name] > : Tells you the prices [Item Name] is traded.
< /ask buy [Quantity] [Item Name] > : Sells to you [Quantity] of [Item Name].
< /ask sell [Quantity] [Item Name] > : Buys from you [Quantity] of [Item Name].

[NPCs/The Shipyard Manager]
Commands:
< /ask info > : Shows you the list of the ships that are available and their buy/build cost.
< /ask estimate [Ship ID] > : Tells you how much will cost draw a blueprint for a ship and how much will cost you parking it for an hour.
< /ask park [Ship ID] [Hours] > : Park a ship for [Hours] hours. Once a ship is parked it is protected and it can't be moved. If you unpark your ship before [Hours] hours you will be given back the remaining money.
< /ask unpark [Ship ID] > : Unpark a ship.
< /ask blueprint [Ship ID] [Ship Name] > : Draw a blueprint for a ship making it available by that shipyard.
< /ask buy [Ship Name] > : Buy a ship.
< /ask build [Ship Name] > : Build a ship using also the items in your inventory.

>> ATTENTION <<
Mounted Repeaters are not fully supported by Sky Nations yet.
We have decided to make them available because they are fun.
A known issue with Mounted Repeaters is that they always point in one direction so you have to place them accordingly to have them behaving as you may expect.

We hope we will see you on HomeWorld!
Bochan & Molotov
Last edited by Molotov on Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:23 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Molotov

Re: [EU 24/7] HomeWorld

Postby AapOpSokken » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:17 pm

Ok wow, this is impressive. This shows of what the mod system can do, already in its current form. Also, spawn looks very nice.

Big problem: I got my first ship for a coupon. In flight, i turned my engine off, but it is impossible to turn it on again. So i was stuck, and did /die. Now i don't have caps or a coupon, so i'm stuck at spawn.

Minor problem: I logged in when night was just starting, so i had to wait for a long time. Maybe the ship dealer can be on 24/7?
AapOpSokken

Postby Molotov » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:12 pm

AapOpSokken wrote:Ok wow, this is impressive. This shows of what the mod system can do, already in its current form. Also, spawn looks very nice.

Big problem: I got my first ship for a coupon. In flight, i turned my engine off, but it is impossible to turn it on again. So i was stuck, and did /die. Now i don't have caps or a coupon, so i'm stuck at spawn.

Minor problem: I logged in when night was just starting, so i had to wait for a long time. Maybe the ship dealer can be on 24/7?

My bad! :oops: I forgot to restore a piece of code that I used to debug some events, I will update the server this evening. I will also give you the coupon back!

I) If you find yourself stucked at the spawn you can go to the Lumberjack in order to collect some items and make some Caps.
II) All tradesmen work just during the day and that game mechanics will not change in the future.

Thank you for visiting! :D
Molotov

Postby Micromil » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:50 am

Hi I think your spawn looks great.
The server idea is interesting, makes you take death more seriously.

I do find that when I log in at times I have lost all my inventory and everything is reset except the caps and the coupon (I don't have one). It even happens in spawn so it should not be related to random death.

Even things that I have bought seem to vanish.
That is a bit disappointing. I have not enough cash for a new ship or a storage locker and so the stuff I had is lost.

Not sure if you know why that is happening.
Micromil

Postby Molotov » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:23 pm

Micromil wrote:Hi I think your spawn looks great.
The server idea is interesting, makes you take death more seriously.

I do find that when I log in at times I have lost all my inventory and everything is reset except the caps and the coupon (I don't have one). It even happens in spawn so it should not be related to random death.

Even things that I have bought seem to vanish.
That is a bit disappointing. I have not enough cash for a new ship or a storage locker and so the stuff I had is lost.

Not sure if you know why that is happening.

Hi, I am sorry that you have lost your items and I just gave you back the coupon as refund.
Have you checked if when that happened on the chat there wasn't a message like 'you fell to land'?

I already noticed that sometimes even if you haven't joined the server yet the system says that 'you fell to land' and that is definitely somthing I will take care of.
If anyone is experiencing the same problem (inventory reset) please check if it happens after a 'you fell to land' message and report it on the forum or on our website.

Thank you to everyone who is reporting a bug! It makes our life much much easier!
Molotov

Postby Micromil » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:28 am

Thanks.

I think it did say that "micromil fell to ground". Although when I was last I was in the spawn settlement so not floating in the air or on a ship that vanished.

I can't find the forum on your site. Please can you provide a link?
Micromil

Postby Molotov » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:49 am

Micromil wrote:Thanks.

I think it did say that "micromil fell to ground". Although when I was last I was in the spawn settlement so not floating in the air or on a ship that vanished.

I can't find the forum on your site. Please can you provide a link?

I think I know what we are dealing with then. I'll try to fix that as soon as possible.

We don't have a forum on our website just a contact page.
Molotov

Postby Molotov » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:16 am

Hi everyone,
I should have fixed the problem that makes you die the moment you join the server and therefore loose everything in your inventory and reset your position.

If anyone experience that problem again please report with details.
Molotov

Postby Micromil » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:41 am

The Fell to ground problem happened to me again when I logged in today. :x
I have lost my ship (I didn't record the ship id) and the contents of my inventory. :x
the ship was modified to be a more rectangular shape with a few other changes from the normal laser.

Now I am stuck in a door trying to get to my secure crate in the storage building.

I am finding it a bit too unforgiving with the log in death issue.

Please help?
If you can get me out of the door that would be great.
(kill me is fine I have nothing but my mallet and my caps at the moment anyhow)

If there is any way to get me back to my ship that would be appreciated, but because I can't supply my ship ID I realise this may not be possible.
Micromil

Postby Molotov » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:59 am

Micromil wrote:The Fell to ground problem happened to me again when I logged in today. :x
I have lost my ship (I didn't record the ship id) and the contents of my inventory. :x
the ship was modified to be a more rectangular shape with a few other changes from the normal laser.

Now I am stuck in a door trying to get to my secure crate in the storage building.

I am finding it a bit too unforgiving with the log in death issue.

Please help?
If you can get me out of the door that would be great.
(kill me is fine I have nothing but my mallet and my caps at the moment anyhow)

If there is any way to get me back to my ship that would be appreciated, but because I can't supply my ship ID I realise this may not be possible.

I have rushed to put the server up after the update and now every time I try to play I find new issues caused by the new networking architecture.
I am working to it right now. I will keep you posted.
Sorry for the trubles.
Molotov

Next

Return to Server List