[EU 24/7] HomeWorld

Post your servers here.

Re: [EU 24/7] HomeWorld

Postby AapOpSokken » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:52 pm

Micromil wrote:Right click an energy well and it turns off. The ship will then sink.
Unless it lands on an island it will sink below a certain height and the ship will fall apart.

Then that is what happened, i didn't know that. But it has a bug, because i clipped through an ice star before my ship got damage, so landing doesn't work properly.

Micromil wrote:If not try and work for the lumber jack to get enough.

Way too much work, and it can't replace the coal. So I'm not going to bother.
AapOpSokken

Postby AapOpSokken » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:31 pm

Thanks Molotov for getting me back on track. I have a new problem now:

I build a base with two turrets. When it was done, i noticed i couldn't break blocks in it anymore. So i relogged, and then my base was gone. My ship is still there, but it can't move it anymore. So i'm stuck, and my ship with loot is currently unprotected.

My ship id is 7.

Also, night seems to last about two or three hours. This is very annoying, esp. for new players logging in at dusk.
AapOpSokken

Postby MrBenjammin » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:43 am

Hey, I haven't read this server board in a little while and I absolutely should of! This mod+server is really impressive guys. Well done! Seriously, to see what you've done with the fraction of the mod API available so far is really inspiring!
Developer of Sky Nations
@MrBenjammmin
MrBenjammin
Site Admin

Postby Molotov » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:30 am

AapOpSokken wrote:Thanks Molotov for getting me back on track. I have a new problem now:

I build a base with two turrets. When it was done, i noticed i couldn't break blocks in it anymore. So i relogged, and then my base was gone. My ship is still there, but it can't move it anymore. So i'm stuck, and my ship with loot is currently unprotected.

My ship id is 7.

Also, night seems to last about two or three hours. This is very annoying, esp. for new players logging in at dusk.

Hi, I don't know if I did you a favour or not but I have parked your ship at the New Port's shipyard for the next 72 hours so no one except you can touch it and I sent you a PM with the coordinates where I found it (trapped in leaves).

When I was checking on the server yesterday and noticed the everlasting dusk it was clear that something wrong was happening and probably it was the reason your base wasn't loaded after you log out. Once I have restarted the server everything seems to be back to normal and your base is where it should be. Probably I should restart the server every 48h at least to avoid that kind of situations.
Last edited by Molotov on Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Molotov

Postby Molotov » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:38 am

MrBenjammin wrote:Hey, I haven't read this server board in a little while and I absolutely should of! This mod+server is really impressive guys. Well done! Seriously, to see what you've done with the fraction of the mod API available so far is really inspiring!

It is wonderful to see you appreciate our work!
We also hope that will help bring more players to Sky Nations which we think it's a really promising game experience!
Last edited by Molotov on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Molotov

Postby Molotov » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:04 am

Hi everyone, this post is to give you a little update on what is going on at HomeWorld.

By now we have quite finished to structure the mod in order to be able to quick update it and add new features.
At the moment we are bug fixing and expanding the features that have been already implemented and doing some balancing.

As soon we will have a stable mod first we are going to add a new settlement: Astorange.
Next we are going to make the nations more a part of the game. That means you will be able to create your own settlements(or bases), there will be functionalities to manage the conquest of other nations territories and so on.

Hope this little insight will keep you hooked.

See you on HomeWorld!
Bochan & Molotov
Molotov

Postby AapOpSokken » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:21 am

Molotov wrote:I have parked your ship at the New Port's shipyard for the next 72 hours so no one except you can touch it and I sent you a PM with the coordinates where I found it

Perfect! Many thanks.

Molotov wrote:you will be able to create your own settlements(or bases)

I'm looking forward to it!
AapOpSokken

Postby Micromil » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:01 am

Sounds awesome

Look forward to the new settlement.

Hope there will be encouragement to buy at one and sell at the other for profit (caps). Then there will hopefully be trade runs, and risk of piracy along the way.

Claiming territory and making bases will be interesting too.
Micromil

Postby Molotov » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:23 pm

AapOpSokken wrote:
Micromil wrote:Right click an energy well and it turns off. The ship will then sink.
Unless it lands on an island it will sink below a certain height and the ship will fall apart.

Then that is what happened, i didn't know that. But it has a bug, because i clipped through an ice star before my ship got damage, so landing doesn't work properly.

Micromil wrote:If not try and work for the lumber jack to get enough.

Way too much work, and it can't replace the coal. So I'm not going to bother.

The collisions between chunks on the server side have been fixed. So when your ship start falling it will actually land if something solid is hit.
The forest behind the Lumberjack have been fixed. Now trees actually grow inside it.

At this moment the on/off feature of the Energy Well has been disabled for further debugging but ships will fall without an Energy Well.

Thanks AapOpSokken for reporting.
Molotov

Postby AapOpSokken » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:24 am

Molotov wrote:At this moment the on/off feature of the Energy Well has been disabled

Seems it is on now, looks like it works.

But: Right-clicking an energy well on an island does not create a new ship; it does nothing. By design, or unintended side-effect?
AapOpSokken

PreviousNext

Return to Server List