Pirates of the Abecean

Organize, recruit and plan with your Nations here. For the Official Server only.

Pirates of the Abecean

Postby killerx243 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:47 am

You find yourself sitting at a table in a dimly lit back room in a tavern, the smell of rum and smoke is thick in the air. On the poorly made, round wooden table is a candle and a tattered parchment. You pick up the parchment and begin reading...

Poke out your eyes lad, pour lead in your ears
Those sails portend madness, dark horror and fear
Abandon your lasses, your ship and your gold

Blood on the water, Velehk this way comes

A noose from the rigging, a plank from boards
Do yourself in, don't try at crossing swords
Mercy's not a shipmate among that heartless horde

Blood on the water, the Pirate King comes

Stout Empire Galleon or Swift Elven Skiff
They every one splinter and just as soon sink
But only after crew and captain have their fun

Blood on the water, your days are done

He'll tear your gut and he'll eat your heart raw
His eyes gleam red, his heart will never thaw
Mark well these words, you quaking babes

Blood on the water follows Captain Velehk Sain

As you read the last line you drop the parchment and reach for your pistol! Someone else is standing on the other side of the table. The figure walks into the light and begins to speak

"I've killed many mortals for less!"

You fire your pistol at the figure, when the smoke clears the figure is nowhere in sight. Suddenly the hairs on the back of your neck begin to stand as a hand grabs your shoulder and you feel a sharp, cold blade against your throat.

"Foolish mortal I am here to offer you a bargin, join my crew or perish!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Pirates of the Abecean are many things; mercenaries, plunderers, fearsome warriors, and gentlemen of fortune.

We're looking for more crew members, double-crossers be warned; we'll mark you with the black spot.

Current Crew (in no particular order):
The Pirate King; Captain Velehk Sain - killerx243
First Mate - skarbone
Trusted Officers - ZorNiFieD, Vanblam (slightly under first mate in terms of leadership, can disobey first mates orders with reasoning)
Cabin Boy and Radar Technician - vanhallin
Chief of Design - darknim
Cannoneers (repairs the ship only when the enemy can't be targeted) - Faowder, Slowder, Mit2, and bmpetras
Combat Engineers - Saladplantation, The_Haax, sum yon guy

Other crew under the banner:
Caasi
Griezzo
Doc

Hierarchy:

Pirate King - Makes final decisions but considers the input of his crew.
First Mate - Second in command, decision maker in the king's absence with input from the Trusted Officers
Trusted Officers - Third in command, works with the First Mate when the king is absent or when both king and first mate are gone they stand in as leader together.

Ranks below are the same level in the chain of command:
Chief of Design - Experiments with design ideas for new ships, if we're not progressing we're retrogressing.
Cabin Boy - The VANguard (see what I did there) first one in the assault wave unless we need someone watching the radar.
Cannoneers - Marksmen, trained at destroying enemy ships, repairs the ship when they can't hit a target and create boarding parties to bring the fight to the enemy
Combat Engineers - Repair the ship, repel boarders and make up the majority of the boarding party.

Our flagship is known as the Abecean. Pilots are chosen based on skill.

Those Marked with the Black Spot:
Artist and his gang
HuntaXX (HunterXX on the forums) and anyone who identifies themselves with him

Anyone is welcome to hunt the marked, depending on how much it helps us we can even see about compensation for your trouble.

PVP is now in but being god like at it isn't necessary. There is always a job for someone; cannoneers, lookouts, gunners, engineers, builders, miners, explorers and even scientists (if you can figure some new ways of doing things then all power to you).

Loot is used to build new ships and further our goals, in the event there is an ingame economy (not based on building materials) this will be revised .

We play on the official server.

Application:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IGN:
Position being applied for: (You can even make one up but note I'll let you know if the new position is accepted)
Why you would like to join:
Can you follow orders:
Are you able to get or already have teamspeak: (mic's aren't as important as it will be 1000x easier to relay commands during battle if you can at least hear the other crew members)
Do you know what game series I based this off of:
Last edited by killerx243 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 12 times in total.
killerx243

Re: Pirates of the Abecean

Postby killerx243 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:52 am

We would like to welcome the Pirates formerly under the banner of the Galactic Nation into the ranks. May your swords never dry :twisted:
killerx243

Postby ZorNiFieD » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:33 pm

My name is ZorNiFieD and I approve of this message.
ZorNiFieD

Postby Cjreek » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:58 am

You pirates are going to have a hard time :P
Very clever to help new players to get them on your side... But it won't save you! :twisted:
:P
Cjreek

Postby killerx243 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:47 pm

You are walking around the busy skydocks when the sound of loud, deep drums fills your ears, the beat making your blood run cold. You hear gasps of astonishment and the people around you look scared. You look over to see the Abecean, groomed and ready for long battles, glide into the busy dock. Velehk Sain hands control of the helm over to a crew member and he turns to the crowd,
"The drums of war have sounded!" He smiles as he says this, which makes a shiver run down your spine. "Spread the word, those who fly under Artists banner are marked with the Black Spot. Those who hinder us will be destroyed and those who help will be rewarded!"
The Abecean fires its cannons, clear over the docks. Velehk laughs as the ship flys away into the clouds.
killerx243

Postby brennant » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:54 pm

IGN: brennant
Position being applied for: Deck Hand.
Why you would like to join: I want to join the most organized and ruthless people around.
Can you follow orders: Yes.
Are you able to get or already have teamspeak: Yes
Do you know what game series I based this off of: NO

I also want to know when you guys play, I am interested in joining up
brennant

Postby ZorNiFieD » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:18 pm

Killerx243 is gone for the week, so we will have to wait for him to return prior to approving any applications.
ZorNiFieD

Postby killerx243 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:59 pm

I'll be gone from my main rig until late tomorrow, I'll look at it then. I'm too tired right now :P Staying at my grandparents for the night so I finally have internet :D

EDIT: Future leaves of absences will be better planned, but the job offer came days before I had to leave to work it, so I had no time to plan anything :/.

EDIT 2: brennant, your application looks good. When I get back on my main pc we'll get you into teamspeak since you have it and it'll be decided if your in or not for sure.
killerx243

Postby killerx243 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:21 pm

I'll be gone Thurs. the 15th until the 28th, going to visit my girlfriend in British Colombia :D
killerx243

Postby ZorNiFieD » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:10 am

I swooped up the name "Pirates of Abacean" before someone hijacked it
Last edited by ZorNiFieD on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZorNiFieD

Next

Return to Nations