I wonder...

Talk about anything related to Sky Nations here!

I wonder...

Postby MoffKalast » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:42 am

...is anyone still playing this?

I cant be bothered to check the servers :P
MoffKalast

Re: I wonder...

Postby VariousArtist » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:25 pm

Pretty much all servers dead every day. Even at the weekends. And this "EU Community Server" is a chore - hardly gets over 10/20 server frames! *shudders*
"Roses are red,Violets are blue,ph'nglui mglw'nafh,wgah'nagl Cthulhu!"
VariousArtist

Postby MoffKalast » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:56 pm

So the game is basicly dead now. :(
MoffKalast

Postby Micromil » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:00 am

Currently the pulse is pretty weak.
The official server problems have really hurt the game.

Rarely many people on.

Some fun still to be had.

Needs another official server that is likely to be around for a while.
Some upgraded tools to help with resource harvesting.

Some thing else to help people get interested again.

Even just a word from the developer to let us know a few upcoming plans.
Micromil

Postby MrBenjammin » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:28 pm

The player base lessens between updates because there is currently little content. I've talked about various updates both on the forums, interviews and regularly post things on twitter. Talking about future things makes no difference to the current playerbase. If you've run out of things to do that you enjoy, you won't play the game, no game has an infinite lifespan of gameplay and that of a underdevelopment game will have a short amount of content to play through. It's as simple as that. There's been a bit of a gap between updates since I am currently trying to fix various server performance issues to make the game overall more playable. Without which the game would be pretty much impossible to add any further features.

Publicly I'm not pushing the game marketing wise until it actually has a decent amount of content to play and is closer to a finished product. This will eventually draw in more players.
Developer of Sky Nations
@MrBenjammmin
MrBenjammin
Site Admin

Postby MoffKalast » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:49 pm

The player base lessens between updates

I'm sorry to break this to you, but THERE IS NO PLAYERBASE LEFT TO LESSEN! I'm only here playing a visit because i became bored with everything and was wondering what is going on. When i checked the servers today only the official 2 was up, still unplayable due to lag. How is this supposed to attract players? Even I'm not interested anymore now...
MoffKalast

Postby MrBenjammin » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:56 am

As I stated in my previous post. The slowdown is something I'm working on, which is why there's been a gap in content. There won't be many players since there's been a long gap in content, thus they've played the current content and have no reason to carry on playing for the moment until further content comes out. It's always been like this with player counts dropping to very small amounts, between updates, then on major updates or events it seeing large rises then returning to very little players. The content doesn't support long standing players for the moment, which is what yields higher player counts.
Developer of Sky Nations
@MrBenjammmin
MrBenjammin
Site Admin

Postby AapOpSokken » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:17 am

The problem is that this game is only fun if there are enough people playing it. So it's either very alive... or dead. Imho, currently, the content and gameplay are not enough to keep a player base alive.

But, from my perspective as programmer and as a gamer, i think this game has a lot of potential. After all, i did have a lot of fun playing it some time ago. I am not playing now, but i am keeping an eye on the development. I will most likely come back some day, and i will bring friends. (I still have some keys i bought from IGS to give to my IRL friends, but i won't give them out until i think the game is something they'll keep playing.)

MrBenjammin wrote:Publicly I'm not pushing the game marketing wise until it actually has a decent amount of content to play and is closer to a finished product.

A very wise decision, i think.
AapOpSokken

Postby Micromil » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:37 am

The drop off seemed not so much content related but the loss of the official elite realm server.

The current content and a great community made the game very enjoyable, a few more battles wouldn't hurt, but it seemed to be thriving.
The server vanished, and so did essentially the game.

Some new content will definitely be help to bring players in/back, but the good server will be needed too.

I don't envy Mr. Benjammin. It would be hard to try to debug everything and maintain the progress.

Keep up the good work.

I have not given up on you yet, just disappointed everyone vanished it was great fun with everyone around.

MrBenjammin wrote: Talking about future things makes no difference to the current playerbase.

I disagree.
I am a current user, I am interested in what is coming, it would keep me interested. Developer road-maps are a good thing IMHO.
I will have to check twitter more, I never really use it.

But hey - you are not going to keep everyone happy. The pain of alpha funding - dealing with customers!
I remember it said once that having a shop is great except for the customers, that probably goes for making a game too.
Micromil

Postby Sssuperguy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:20 am

There are around 3-6 people online at a time correctly. In my opinion, the best people to gather more players are the players themselves! It would be cool in my opinion if someone co-ordinated a bunch of players to start up a server and stage an event/battle, recording it for the youtubes.
Sssuperguy

Next

Return to General Discussion