This made me sad

Talk about anything related to Sky Nations here!

This made me sad

Postby Thegreatbuddu » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:03 pm

So I was building a ship and noticed that I wasn't able to continue building it outward after a certain point. Is this intentional, as a sort of limiter on how gigantic the ships can become to protect the server? If it isn't, I guess this is a bug to report instead :P

quick edit: so this is probably intended, but I'd still like some confirmation. I moved 16 blocks in any direction and it abruptly stopped building... Are there plans to allow larger ships (likely with a more difficult to craft core?)
Thegreatbuddu

Re: This made me sad

Postby MrBenjammin » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:54 am

Ships are limited to a max size of 32 on every axis. So 16 from where the core spawns. This is because the collision for ships is super performance intensive. To keep the server running smooth with a bunch of ships it's limited to this. I might experiment with extending the size in the future. There is a bunch of problems with doing so though given that the game is now completely built around ships being 32x32x32. So retrofitting something like that is quite a few weeks of work. So basically put: it is quite unlikely it'll be made bigger, unfortunately!
Developer of Sky Nations
@MrBenjammmin
MrBenjammin
Site Admin

Postby Thegreatbuddu » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:58 am

ah, I see... Well I suppose that's alright if that's the case. I was trying to make a super freighter, but I can fiddle with the dimensions I guess.
Thegreatbuddu

Postby Sssuperguy » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:20 pm

If it does though, I like the sound of expensive cores allowing larger ship types. That would actually be pretty neat, and maybe the starting platforms could be different sizes and different base materials.
Sssuperguy

Postby Aveline » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:45 pm

Oh, I exacly know what you feeling. That's situation is always so sad.
Aveline

Postby MrBenjammin » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:17 am

This post is super old, you can actually make much larger ships by combing them together with docking clamps now. :)
Developer of Sky Nations
@MrBenjammmin
MrBenjammin
Site Admin

Postby Vinchenzo » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:16 am

Shhhhh ;D
Vinchenzo

Return to General Discussion