Cant start Sky Nations

Reports any bugs you find here. Please read the rules for reporting bugs, so we can make the best effort to fix them. Please also check the below bug tracker if your bug already exists. Duplicates will be deleted and ignored. Do not bump.

Cant start Sky Nations

Postby DerTimTom » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:33 pm

The last time I've played Sky Nations is a very long time ago but now I want to play it again but I cant start it. There isnt even a error Its just saying tthat its running but then it stops.
DerTimTom

Re: Cant start Sky Nations

Postby MrBenjammin » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:08 pm

Hey TimTom, which version are you playing the Steam version or the non-Steam version?

Make sure you have the latest updater if you are using non-Steam and haven't played since a long time ago, the older update might not work any more:
http://skynations.net/?page=download

If you are on Windows Vista or higher. Try running it, clicking the the Start button. In the search type in "Event Viewer", and click it. Once open, click "Windows Logs" on the right hand side bar then "Application" beneath it. Find the latest crash in this list related to SkyNations.exe or possibly SkyNationsLauncher which will have ".NET" in its name and paste the error here. It'll give me something a bit better to go on.
Developer of Sky Nations
@MrBenjammmin
MrBenjammin
Site Admin

Postby DerTimTom » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:17 pm

I did what you've told me but there is no crash to find and I'm using the Steam version. I already had problems with starting Sky Nations but the things you've told me the last time are not working anymore. I already un- and re-installed it but it didnt work. Maybe there could be something else.
DerTimTom

Postby MrBenjammin » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:55 pm

It not starting up through Steam with no crash log in Windows Event viewer is quite strange, it can't end abruptly without at least something in the Event Viewer. The only thing I can think it could be is an Anti-Virus or similar program removing or blocking the executable. You'll need to check this yourself with your given antivirus. You can find the Sky Nations executable in "[Your Steam Install]\SteamApps\common\Sky Nations" called "SkyNations.exe" if you need to add it to an allow list or something similar.

In the other thread you posted some time ago you were missing the runtimes(which in theory should already be installed on your PC). They should leave a crash log in event viewer if they're missing but you could try installing them just in case from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=40784
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=20914
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download ... aspx?id=35

Though the nature of the crash does seem like an external program deleting or blocking the executable.
Developer of Sky Nations
@MrBenjammmin
MrBenjammin
Site Admin

Postby DerTimTom » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:00 pm

I've allowed it to the list from my anti virus but its still not working. Since the last time I had a problem with starting you have added programms to the file which I already repaired or reinstalled maybe I should clean the folder again and reinstall Sky Nations.
DerTimTom

Postby MrBenjammin » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:52 am

The only other thing I can recommend is right clicking the game in the Steam game's list and clicking "Properties". Then in the properties window go to the "Local Files" tab and click "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" which will force steam to go through each file and make sure they're correct and redownload corrupted or missing ones. If the antivirus or something else is still removing the files somehow, I'm not sure what I can suggest.
Developer of Sky Nations
@MrBenjammmin
MrBenjammin
Site Admin

Postby DerTimTom » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:46 pm

I appreceate your help but its still not working but thats no problem because I can wait until the next patch comes and maybe it'll work after it.
DerTimTom

Postby suvarak feasul mos » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:15 am

Ссылка на объект не указывает на экземпляр объекта.
в SkyNations.World.Chunks.DockedChunkInfo.SetChunk(Chunk chunk)
в SkyNations.World.Chunks.Chunk.DockedInterpolate(Single dt)
в SkyNations.World.Chunks.Chunk.Update(GameTime time)
в Bengine.Geometry.GeometryManager.Update(GameTime time)
в Bengine.States.BaseState.Update(GameTime time)
в SkyNations.Screens.Gameplay.Update(GameTime time)
в Bengine.States.StateManager.Update(GameTime time)
в SkyNations.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
в Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
в Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
в Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
в Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
в Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
в System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
в System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)

I CANT ENTER GAME help
:oops:
suvarak feasul mos

Return to Bug Reports