Loading bug

Reports any bugs you find here. Please read the rules for reporting bugs, so we can make the best effort to fix them. Please also check the below bug tracker if your bug already exists. Duplicates will be deleted and ignored. Do not bump.

Loading bug

Postby Thex » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:38 pm

wanted to login on com3 had this multile times:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SkyNations.UI.InventoryActorPreview.DrawRenderTarget(GameTime time)
at Bengine.Geometry.GeometryManager.DrawPostprocesses(GraphicsDevice device, GameTime time)
at Bengine.States.BaseState.DrawRenderTargets(GameTime time)
at SkyNations.Screens.Gameplay.DrawRenderTargets(GameTime time)
at SkyNations.Game1.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at SkyNations.Program.Main(String[] args)

I also had a lot of issues with not ladoing systems, being shoved of my ship etc

greetings Thex
Thex

Re: Loading bug

Postby MrBenjammin » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:43 pm

The crash should be fixed in the next update. I think it's likely the same as the report in Knite's post. I'm not quite sure what's going with loading for you. Technically it shouldn't be possible to be shoved off your ship as the game will not let you move until a zone is loaded and then recreates your character and places it back onto the ship itself(even if the ship has moved). If you have very high latency it might be the case that this is messing with that process a bit but I'm not sure at the moment.
Developer of Sky Nations
@MrBenjammmin
MrBenjammin
Site Admin

Re: Loading bug

Postby MrBenjammin » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:55 pm

I've just put an update out that should hopefully resolve the loading issues. Can you let me know if you continue to experience them?
Developer of Sky Nations
@MrBenjammmin
MrBenjammin
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports