Error loading into com1

Reports any bugs you find here. Please read the rules for reporting bugs, so we can make the best effort to fix them. Please also check the below bug tracker if your bug already exists. Duplicates will be deleted and ignored. Do not bump.

Error loading into com1

Postby Kliphr3a » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:51 am

So, this bug seems to only happen with the com 1 server, i have no idea why.

Every time i start the game, I load in, but it wont actually load me or the chunks on the screen, and i have no hp bar. sometimes ill load in but half the chunks will be missing, along with my crafting, tool belt, and jetpack. I can load in just fine on com 3. It does appear to happen more often inside my capital.
Kliphr3a

Re: Error loading into com1

Postby MrBenjammin » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:27 am

Hey, it sounds like you're not receiving the data about the area correctly(including your character). In which case all those things will be missing. It's very difficult to debug remotely as it could be a lot of different things(even down to networking hardware), but I wonder if it's to do with the amount of data if the zone is specifically very full. You mention it happens more in your Cap, what is your Nations name? So I can checkout the cap myself and see if I can recreate it in some form.
Developer of Sky Nations
@MrBenjammmin
MrBenjammin
Site Admin

Postby Kliphr3a » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:02 pm

We have alot of things going on inside the capital so I think you may be on to something here. However my friends dont seem to encounter the same issues as I do. As far as networking goes, My entire computer is less than 8 months old, and I am running Highspeed Optical. Also, I did upgrade to windows 10, mind you i was having this issue on windows 8.1 as well, so I dont think the OS will make too much of a difference (all my other games are fine). Note that after about 20 times, loading in and force crashing, sometimes i will connect just fine. Another note; sometimes Sky Nations will stop responding during the load process, or when it loads in breifly, but no error messages or splats come up. I think one splat may have shown up, not sure though. Ive tried re-installing the game, and I have all the right MS redistributable packages, and I even tried disabling windows defender and the firewall.

Nation: Black Sky Fleet

my computer specs:
Processor: AMD 8350 4.6ghz Octocore 8156mb cache
Graphics Processor: R9 270x AMD Sapphire dual.
Ram: 8gb Crucial @ 1600mhz
HDD: 500mb with 120mb/s read/write variable
Kliphr3a

Postby Kliphr3a » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:28 pm

Alright, i finally got it to splat

Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Helpers.GetExceptionFromResult(UInt32 result)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsHelpers.GetExceptionFromResult(UInt32 result)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D.CopyData[T](Int32 level, Nullable`1 rect, T[] data, Int32 startIndex, Int32 elementCount, UInt32 options, Boolean isSetting)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D.GetData[T](T[] data)
at Bengine.Geometry.GeometryManager.CopyTexture(Texture2D original)
at Bengine.Geometry.GeometryManager.GenerateTextureMipmaps(Texture2D texture)
at SkyNations.World.Chunks.ChunkManager.LoadTextures(String skinDirectory, List`1 tiles, Game game, ContentManager stateContentmanager)
at SkyNations.World.Chunks.ChunkManager.LoadTiles(BaseState state)
at SkyNations.World.Chunks.ChunkManager..ctor(BaseState state)
at SkyNations.Screens.Gameplay..ctor(Game1 game, String ip, Int32 port)
at SkyNations.Screens.Lobby.ConnectToServer(String ip, Int32 port)
at SkyNations.UI.GUI.LobbyDesktop.ServerList_OnMouseClick(Control sender, MouseEventArgs args)
at Squid.MouseEvent.Invoke(Control sender, MouseEventArgs args)
at Squid.Control.OnMouseClick(Int32 button)
at Squid.Control.OnMouseRelease(Int32 button)
at Squid.Control.DoEvents()
at Squid.Desktop.Update()
at SkyNations.Screens.Lobby.Update(GameTime time)
at Bengine.States.StateManager.Update(GameTime time)
at SkyNations.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at SkyNations.Program.Main(String[] args)
Kliphr3a

Postby MrBenjammin » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:54 pm

I've just put an update out, can you see if this has improved the loading for you?
Developer of Sky Nations
@MrBenjammmin
MrBenjammin
Site Admin

Postby Kliphr3a » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:05 am

Yes, significantly. ill let you know if anything happens otherwise.
Kliphr3a

Return to Bug Reports