[0.975] "Disconnected" when trying to connect to server

Reports any bugs you find here. Please read the rules for reporting bugs, so we can make the best effort to fix them. Please also check the below bug tracker if your bug already exists. Duplicates will be deleted and ignored. Do not bump.

[0.975] "Disconnected" when trying to connect to server

Postby Haskins » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:28 am

This started when using 0.97, so not specifically a 0.975 issue.

After posting about the previous issue, I connected to "Community Server 1" and played a short while and then got disconnected.
No stacktrace, just a popup message saying "disconnected".

Since then I've not been able to connect to a server. It displays the "Connecting to Server.." loading screen for 10-15 seconds and then sends me back to the Server List screen with the "disconnected" popup message displaying.

This happens for both community servers, with or without "Enable Chunk Caching" selected.
I'm using the standalone launcher, so I tried launching via Steam using my old demo account and get the same issue there.
Rebooting the PC didn't help.

My internet connection seems fine. The server pings listed on the Server List screen are ~180 for Community Server 1 and ~100 for Community Server 3 East NA which seems about the same as usual.

Is there something I can do to fix this, like manually deleting the cache files, or are there some logging/tracing options I could enable to help troubleshoot the issue?

Thanks
Haskins

Re: [0.975] "Disconnected" when trying to connect to server

Postby Haskins » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:12 am

When refreshing the server list repeatedly, I notice the pings are varying quite a bit - sometimes in the 250-350 range.

Can connect to a local server hosted on my PC, so the client is still working properly.
Haskins

Postby MrBenjammin » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:12 pm

I believe the server might of been down. Could you try again now?
Developer of Sky Nations
@MrBenjammmin
MrBenjammin
Site Admin

Postby Haskins » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:17 pm

Sorry for the delay in replying.
Have been able to connect again since then.
Still not sure if it was really a "server down" issue or a connection problem (i.e. too much packet loss or something like that).
It didn't seem like the servers were down because they were reporting 5-6 players in-game on each (com1 & com3).
Haskins

Return to Bug Reports