Jump Drives: Hyperspace log out & jump bubbles

Got an idea? Post it here. If it's detailed, feasible and fits with the games theme. It might make it into the game!

Jump Drives: Hyperspace log out & jump bubbles

Postby WILDCATreactor » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:48 am

Hyperspace Log Out: when a player logs out while piloting a ship with a jump drive, the ship is removed from the game with them as part of the log out process, this could be facilitated by an add-on block called a "Hyperspace Retainer" or something. When logging back in, the player and ship will hyperspace jump back into the systems as per a jump drive or have the option of jumping back into a neighboring system like a regular jump. It would be a method to devalue the safe-space problem of capital zones and provide a way to evade pirates attempting to fish particular ships that log out in wilderness zones.

Jump Bubble Detonation: as a defence against raiders, jumpdrives either by themselves or via an add-on block create a damaging wave when they jump out of a system or jump into one.
-Don't mind me, I just can't stop thinking-
WILDCATreactor

Re: Jump Drives: Hyperspace log out & jump bubbles

Postby WhiteCluster » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:24 pm

Good idea but this has to be applied nation-wise. Since you dont want fellow nation member fall out of the sky when they log in. Thats why i suggest a new block that can teleport a ship away, much like the escape pod block, and you could call it back with the same kind of block. (Just place the block on ground and beam it away to the hyperspace void or something) Ofcourse damage should stop the teleportation.

But yea.. this would definitly make player come out of their capitols, if you could explore biomes and not have to go back to capitol. Just beam your ship away before u log off.
WhiteCluster

Postby Tisg » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:33 pm

Yeah, the ship teleporting block can actually help with the capital dwelling. I hope something like this will appear in game someday.
Tisg

Postby WILDCATreactor » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:42 am

Actually, if teleport pads are/were made accessible, non-owners could teleport off the ship, to wherever the other end of the teleport is placed, logging out and teleport back on when the owner logs back into gamespace with their ship.
-Don't mind me, I just can't stop thinking-
WILDCATreactor

Return to Suggestions