Speed limit for giant ships

Got an idea? Post it here. If it's detailed, feasible and fits with the games theme. It might make it into the game!

Speed limit for giant ships

Postby Tisg » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:13 am

It bothers me that the weight of the ship doesn't really governs it's speed. You just have to get more fuel to feed 10 more thrusters or something. There aren't many reasons to build small vehicles right now.

I would love to see some kind of strict thrust limit for ships that weight a ton. For example each 1000 of weight lowers the thrust limit by 1 down to a minimum of 4 or 5. This way giant juggernauts won't fly around at maximum possible speed, which is quite odd.
Tisg

Re: Speed limit for giant ships

Postby Vanto » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:04 pm

I really think this is a good idea and I am pretty sure I have posted it before as well. But I do feel like you might as well put 10 layers of armour on since fuel is so easy to get.
Vanto

Postby WILDCATreactor » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:43 am

Honestly, if each unit of speed where counted like the first, needing x thrusters per y units of mass, for every unit of thrust rather than just the first the problem would no longer be a problem.
-Don't mind me, I just can't stop thinking-
WILDCATreactor

Postby SkyCaptin » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:09 pm

this is something i would like to see for a long time. you should be able to outrun that squaremile deathstar with a speederbike...
SkyCaptin

Return to Suggestions