Prisons (and Lua scripts)

Got an idea? Post it here. If it's detailed, feasible and fits with the games theme. It might make it into the game!

Prisons (and Lua scripts)

Postby Tritonio » Sat May 16, 2015 7:06 am

Hello!

I am playing a lot of MC latelly not so much for MC itself but rather for the server. It's got some very nice concepts that I would love to see applied in a SN server.

The two most important ones are:

1. Snitches: When someone edits blocks in a qube area around a special block or even if they simply enter the area, that block records the name of the player.

2. Prison pearls: MC Pearls are considered a special item since if you are holding one when you kill someone, he gets trapped inside the pearl. Effectively he cannot leave unless someone frees him or when the pearl holder logs out without placing the pearl in a chest, or if although his pearl is placed in a chests, there are no more "food" items in the chests (which get gradually consumed by the pearl as upkeep). Pearled players are imprisoned in MC's End dimension.

Specifically 2, allows for a lot of interesting interactions between players. They basically make someone's life matter on the server. Been a criminal becomes a serious decision since if you make a mistake you will get imprisoned who knows for how long. Bounties start to make sense since you can promise payment to whoever gives you X's pearl. And a free-for-all server with an adequate population can collectively work to ensure long time peace, or long time war, which further gives rise to polical decisions.

I am not suggesting to make this the default way of playing the game, but I would definitely like to see one or two servers with such a mod. I would also work on such a mod myself but I don't like the idea of learning C# to make a mod. Someone had suggested a Lua plugin interface, which would be great and shouldn't be hard to implement but I guess won't be coming soon according to MrB.
Tritonio

Re: Prisons (and Lua scripts)

Postby WILDCATreactor » Wed May 20, 2015 10:11 pm

Of course this is accomplished by locking a player out of the game and if a good player can do it to a greifer, greifers can band together and do it to good players.

Then again, having to survive in a weird 'negative zone' until you're released is interesting, as is the idea of people intentionally being put into the zone on their own purpose.
-Don't mind me, I just can't stop thinking-
WILDCATreactor

Postby Tritonio » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:28 am

WILDCATreactor wrote:Of course this is accomplished by locking a player out of the game and if a good player can do it to a greifer, greifers can band together and do it to good players.

Then again, having to survive in a weird 'negative zone' until you're released is interesting, as is the idea of people intentionally being put into the zone on their own purpose.

Sorry for the late answer. Well yeah, griefers can do it too but that's the point of it. It turn the game to something more hardcore-mode. You can't mess up or you basically risk your account on that one server. And it gives huge incentives to group up with other people.
Tritonio

Postby WILDCATreactor » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:21 pm

If I can get Vuk Farkas to stop going on about the glory days when Clan Wolf (in Exile) ruled with the best out in the wastes of the Clan Homeworlds he can tell you a story about how his initiative to form a faction specifically to resist griefers wound up causing many of them to form that shark faction or whatever out of troll-spite. You don't fight griefers, not even as a faction, unless the administration and a good supermajority of the player-base are willing to dedicate as much time as they need to grief the griefers back into their troll holes.

So, like I said, I like it, but it's more along the lines of a private server experimental option to supplement gameplay. Ben isn't in the policy of trying to control the... climate, preferring it au natural- frankly, the game seems more a pet project that nets a small income to justify the input than a proper commercial venture that requires proper ConTroll policy. Besides, the game is still dev-heavy despite having core and secondary gameplay features, give it time.

It'd be nice to not have to worry about the Reavers, though, my capital is glitching something terribly as I start to dig out more rooms from the bed...dirt (it ain't bedrock, that's for sure).
-Don't mind me, I just can't stop thinking-
WILDCATreactor

Postby Vuk Farkas » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:14 am

May i remind you WildCat that i was not the only one fighting them (but i was first and the only one who could give them HELL all alone), at least 3 other factions formed with same/similar goal (we all were hunting the sharks, one "police" nation one "bountry hunter" nation, me and my nation, and one other which was... a trader nation i think?) but yea the proposed system is waaay too easy to abuse i'd rather have community to organize hunts than let a few scum to abuse things.
Vuk Farkas

Return to Suggestions