Power/laser Switch visuals

Got an idea? Post it here. If it's detailed, feasible and fits with the games theme. It might make it into the game!

Power/laser Switch visuals

Postby Sssuperguy » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:55 pm

I think that the switches' on/off lights on the sides of the blocks should actually flash to show whether they're on or off, or at least make some noticeable sound effects. 20 lasers powering up or down at once is easy to hear, but I often ask myself, "did I turn the power off, again?" And need to check my concealed generators, given that ships won't power down until their current block of fuel is exhausted.
If it were me, I would have indicators on the sides (glowing or flashing lights) as well as the top (the square button being bright or dim) and bottom (somehow) so that buttons built into floors, ceilings and walls can all be read.
Sssuperguy

Re: Power/laser Switch visuals

Postby WILDCATreactor » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:57 pm

Yup, nothing more to add. It'd be funny if this kind of request spawned a Status Display block.
-Don't mind me, I just can't stop thinking-
WILDCATreactor

Postby Vuk Farkas » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:19 am

i agree that there should be a way to know of the status preferably on the button itself (like standard symbol for on/off like on old remotes, yanno the circle with a line in it and circle pierced with said line?) or maybe just O and 1
Vuk Farkas

Postby Vanto » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:20 pm

I agree, all my friends complain that they never know if they are on or off. Especially with power switches since the fuel burns for its full length so you cannot tell if they are off or not.
Vanto

Return to Suggestions