Modulated Lasers

Got an idea? Post it here. If it's detailed, feasible and fits with the games theme. It might make it into the game!

Modulated Lasers

Postby WILDCATreactor » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:33 am

So we have the damage upgrade blocks for lasers, why not an armor piercing upgrade that allows the laser to melt copper/iron/steel, respective to how many of the three upgrade slots are used. Additionally, if they worked with the damage buff block it'd provide a nice trade-off between the damage level and the effect level- do you want to melt steel (and everything weaker than it) really slowly with a huge bank of lasers (APx3) or do you want to cut through copper like butter? (APx1 DMx2)
-Don't mind me, I just can't stop thinking-
WILDCATreactor

Re: Modulated Lasers

Postby Vuk Farkas » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:36 am

I also propose that lasers can be modified to deal bursts or continuous beams or even do a pew-pew-pew like a MG, have their own capacity and intake (basically intake limits how much ship power can conected laser/capacitor take/time) this would allow us to make wery versatile weapons with just a few aditional blocks...
we could basically make a long chargin alpha DMG laser like this one http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc ... 9162FB672/ that pretty much gonna go throu an entire (copper) ship, but takes ages to recharge and requires a huge capacitor bank (power reserve), then depending on block combination we could even make a mid dmg low fire rate burst laser, that requires a decent intake and capacitor bank to function at maximum performance (burst laser basically), and the lowest and weakest (pew-pew) laser combination that requires a lot of intake but wery small capacitor bank, capable of one-two shoting crew and wood (and other really weak materials) but be simply too weak to deal significant damage to even copper armor (basically imagine a smg that uses pistol bullets... good vs flesh but even minimal armor can block it). By separating laser power and ship power, we will need more new blocks but will allow better combat performance. Or we can just skip the intake & capacitor blocks and let lasers draw power directly from ship and use existing block to increase ships power reserve, which would mean depending on the build, ship can end up empty on power when firing(we all know results of that), have to manually time firing length, but while not consuming any ammo, eat a LOT of energy, thus making the laser-ship quite fuel hungry.
Vuk Farkas

Postby crunch » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:08 pm

i think its a great idea and i think that the same system also could be made for canons were you could modify you canons with a longer barrel for maybe longer range or faster canon balls but with a tradeoff of longer reload time or more power usage.
crunch

Postby WILDCATreactor » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:49 pm

that would clearly need a block for gattling barrels
-Don't mind me, I just can't stop thinking-
WILDCATreactor

Return to Suggestions