First Content Update
As you'll probably see I've fixed a lot of outstanding issues and done a lot balancing changes. One of the pretty major changes is that the map is now of fixed size. Unfortunately you'll need to wipe your current World folder. But you don't need to wipe the ships, players or items. If you don't wipe the world folder, you can play without any further generation.
What this means is that servers will run much faster after the initial generation on startup and will have limited resources. You can set sizes on server startup. It also means in the future a lot more complex and cool things can be done with the map generation. The official server has been running a map size of 8k for the last week and is more than big enough. This took about 10 minutes to generate as a reference in the size you want to choose.
If you want to keep your current map and just not have it generate new areas.You can use the file attached to this post to convert them
. Just extract it into your server folder and run it. Client Changelog 0.114Features/Gameplay
- Added updater to client. When client tells you its out of date simply click Update at the top of the login screen.
- Added forum link to login.
- Added player skins. Login and upload yours at: http://skynations.net/?page=skins
- Esc now closes the inventory as well as ‘i’(default).
- Dropped items of the same type now magnetise together and combine stacks. Their collision has also been optimised.
- Your spawn can now be bound to ships and will move with them. If you destroy a spawn stone you’re binding to that area or ship will be lost.
- Reduced amount of particles in explosions.
- Nerfed repair tools by 50%.
- 1 Unrefined iron now makes 2 iron.
- Mass generators now cost 4 iron instead of 8.
- Steering block now uses copper in place of iron.
- Iron Cannons now cost 2 iron instead of 4.
- Storage crates cost 6 planks instead of 12.
- Item Kits now cost 2 copper instead of 6.
- Logs now make 3 planks.
- Players now temporarily start with spawn blocks.
- Halved plank blocks health.
- Ships rotation speed has temporarily been largely increased.
- Ships vertical speed has temporarily been largely increased
Server Changelog 0.117Features/Changes
- Fixed UI sometimes being responsive when the game window is in background.
- Ensured Item sculpter is not accepting keyboard input during normal play.
- Fixed lighting remaining after breaking lanterns on chunk boundaries.
- Fixed missing surfaces when removing blocks on chunk boundaries.
- Fixed exploit where you could dupe items in inventory.
- Fixed exploit duping items in chests.
- Fixed sliding issue, hopefully.
- Made teleport messages private.
- Added command /ts shipid which teleports you to a ship of given id.
- Added command /bs shipid which brings a ship to you of given id.
- Added /protect to prevent the chunk you are standing on from being damaged.
- Added /unprotect to revert the chunk to being normal.
- Rewrote entire island generation system and refactored the code. Worlds are now generated at a fixed size on first start up. This gives a massive performance boost as areas do not need to be generated on reaching them.
- The world can be generated at any size you like. But the larger, the longer it will take to generate initially.
- Chunk files are now a lot smaller. For comparison previously a world of 8k squared would be around 1.8gb, it is now 80mb.
- Default time compression is now x10 faster. Day and night cycles will last 24 minutes by default.
- Time compression is now settable in Server Settings.xml with the tag <TimeCompression>10</TimeCompression>
- Fixed spelling mistake with teleports.
- Fixed kick, ban, unban, tp, bring and admin commands not working with spaced names.
- Fixed the ‘jumping’ or black hole bug where you would get stuck in invisible spots jumping.
- Fixed stacks being deleted when placing items over current fuel items in mass generator.
- Fixed a bug in which repair tools sometimes did not repair proper amount.