Update 0.87 - Capital Beginnings

Check here for official announcements about the game.

Re: Update 0.87 - Capital Beginnings

Postby Micromil » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:01 am

I don't think anyone need to worry.
From what I read there will still be a lot of base take down fun to come.
There will be great pleasure and reward from destroying claim bases and their defences once the next phases are implemented.

Great to have a place to make your architectural masterpiece, and store your resources. When there is a motivator to encourage people out of the base I expect we should see some great fun PvP as people won't be so worried about losing their stuff.

Look forward to see what will happen.
Already noticing more people on the servers

If it breaks the game, he can always change it.
Micromil

Postby Dahl » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:18 pm

Honestly. I love this update and the ideas put forth for the future. I don't really call shoving 20+ rafts into a system and waiting to get a lucky spawn a strategic way to steal someone's stuff when they are not even there or in some cases, a single person owns the nation and is on but only has a nation cause they wanted to build things but needed to protect their things to do so. Going forward the idea of having objectives to fight for and to promote ship battles is where I think the game should progress to. Nations can choose to claim/defend the systems around capitol gates and that would promote more battles which is in my opinion one of the key features of Sky Nations. Players will have to build ships that can handle the unknown possibility of what they may encounter when they exit their capitol. Maybe a nation has tons of warships there, maybe someone added ground defense around the perimeter and they would have to fight their way out. Also as people try to get their cargo/miner back to their capitol the same surprises could be waiting to attack. One side is going to get some extra loot either way.
Dahl

Postby Dahl » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:23 pm

Takana wrote:
miver wrote:Teleport has put us at the center of the sector. we undermine the beacon and destroyed it.

Teleport? How on earth did you teleport to the center of a system and right to the beacon?

In the case of redrom's base (Les Chipreurs Fous) I am going to guess the turret defense line was too close to the jump gate causing the ship to teleport to a random space large enough, in this case, I guess it was near or under his beacon.
Dahl

Postby Thanos » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:37 pm

Dahl wrote:
Takana wrote:
miver wrote:Teleport has put us at the center of the sector. we undermine the beacon and destroyed it.

Teleport? How on earth did you teleport to the center of a system and right to the beacon?

In the case of redrom's base (Les Chipreurs Fous) I am going to guess the turret defense line was too close to the jump gate causing the ship to teleport to a random space large enough, in this case, I guess it was near or under his beacon.

Bingo.
Thanos

Postby jemmy » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:12 pm

That's right! I want to hear even more.
jemmy

Previous

Return to Announcements