Update 0.975 - Switch groups and Directional Clamps

Check here for official announcements about the game.

Update 0.975 - Switch groups and Directional Clamps

Postby MrBenjammin » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:14 pm

Hey guys, a little bit of a delayed news post from last week. But on Thursday, I put out an update with a couple of fixes and new features. It's part of a larger update I decided to cut in half so I can carry on working on more complex issues but also get a bunch of fixes and changes out that pertain to it. The main changes are:
  • Spore Plants - These are simple plant mobs that spawn in Grass biomes. They emit small spores that will plant new trees and are semi harmful to players.
  • Coloured Switches - These allow you to assign a colour to Mass Generators(and hopefully other instruments in the future) and press a switch related to that colour to turn them on and off. Allowing you a simple yet more diverse way to manage power for larger and small ships.
  • Directional Docking Clamps - Docking clamps can now be placed in any of the cardinal directions, allowing for an easier time of stitching together ships.
As a side note I also fixed some Server stability issues over the weekend and they should be live on both Com 1 and 2. Sorry for any inconvenience!
As always the full change log is at the bottom.

How do I update?
The client update is automatic on all platforms. The server files can be found here. Make sure you backup your server files before updating. To update just overwrite your existing files with the new ones.

Change log
Changes

• Added White, Green, Red and Blue switches. These can be used to turn on and off machines grouped to colours(currently this is for Generators, but may expand in the future).
  • Added recipe for coloured switches(same as Power switch).
  • Mass Generators now have a extra button on their Window allowing you to set the group.
  • Added multiple directions to clamps. Place a clamp against a block to orientate it away.
  • Added Spore Plants. These spawn randomly in Grass biomes and will help repopulate trees.
  • Added a lot of ground work for future NPC spawning.
  • Refactored and reworked some base NPC functionality.
  • Removed third party libraries that are no longer used or referenced.
Fixes
  • Fixed couple of VOIP issues.
  • Fixed game looking in incorrect directory for client side texture packs.
  • Fixed a crash from trophy statues possible if too many are placed.
  • Fixed a crash from Merchant Cat’s horn.
  • Fixed a physics crash caused by zero mass ships.
  • Fixed getting stuck entering sign text if it gets destroyed.
  • Fixed a few minor server crashes.
  • Fixed a few minor graphics device crashes.
Developer of Sky Nations
@MrBenjammmin
MrBenjammin
Site Admin

Return to Announcements